Explore the rich tradition of Christian mysticism in this series of five Monday sessions which combine learning about representative mystics with opportunities for meditation practice.
Duke Street, Grafton
March 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30
A series of weekly workshops introducing the rich history of mysticism in the church and an opportunity to learn the basic practices of Christian meditation and contemplative prayer.
Facilitator: Roz Rogers
1. What is Christian mysticism? is this for everyone? Tips for beginners.
2. The Desert Mothers and Fathers: The Middle Eastern foundation
3. The English Medievalists: Julian of Norwich, Walter Hilton and the author of "The Cloud of Unknowing"
4. The Spanish Revival: Francisco de Osuna, Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross
5. Modern Americans: Thomas Merton OCSO, John Main OSB