Explore the rich tradition of Christian mysticism in this series of Monday sessions which combine learning about representative mystics with opportunities for meditation practice.
Duke Street, Grafton
18 & 25 November
2, 9 & 16 December
A series of weekly workshops introducing the rich history of mysticism in the church and an opportunity to learn the basic practices of Christian meditation and contemplative prayer.
Facilitator: Roz Rogers
1. What is Christian mysticism? is this for everyone? Tips for beginners.
2. The Desert Mothers and Fathers: The Middle Eastern foundation
3. The English Medievalists: Julian of Norwich, Walter Hilton and the author of "The Cloud of Unknowing"
4. The Spanish Revival: Francisco de Osuna, Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross
5. Modern Americans: Thomas Merton OCSO, John Main OSB